"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Author Unknown
It's rather entertaining the lengths I'll go just to have a chocolate chip cookie, or two. Ok, so I had three.
After dinner, I jokingly said to my boys, "Which one of you are going to bake me some chocolate chip cookies?" Well, I didn't have to say that more than once. Within seconds the cookie sheets flew out of the cabinet and the frozen cookie dough was being dropped on the sheets.
The freshly baked cookies were quite tempting and with the majority of my calories for the day being depleted, I knew the only way I could eat even a half of a cookie was to go for a walk.
So, Logan and I went to the gym. He shot hoops and I went for a quick jog on the treadmill. When we got home, Logan opens the door announcing our return. "We're back for our cookies!"
If it is any consolation, I placed three chocolate chip cookies on a plate and poured a small glass of milk. Instead of devouring cookie after cookie, mindlessly eating each one, I actually enjoyed every single bite of all three of the chocolate chip cookies. I suppose we can call that progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment