Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Walking and blogging, blogging and walking

"Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity." ~Voltaire

I am at the gym working out and blogging real time tonight. I am trying to work off that fourth of a small bag of McDonalds French fries. 

I'm on the treadmill, listening to Usher and watching the Biggest Loser.  Bless their hearts.  I know I wouldn't want Jillian and Bob as my personal trainers.  They would definitely frown on me walking and Facebooking at the same time. 

God must have been sending me a message this evening. When I sat down to eat my chicken club sandwich. The chicken was sliced as if it belonged on the top of a salad instead of a bun. Do you know how hard that was to eat?  I would take a bite and the chicken would fall out. It was a mess. I got the message God. I should have had the salad!

Since I didn't have the salad, I am here at the gym on the treadmill. Luckily the treadmill doesn't talk back anymore. A couple months ago when I would crank the treadmill speed to an 8, it would flash a message that said, "Warning, overload"!  Now, I can run a whole minute before my brain tells the rest of my body I am out of my mind.  "Make him stop now.  It's probably why the knee gives out and the feet began to cramp every time I get on the treadmill lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment