"Vegetables are interesting but lack a sense of purpose when unaccompanied by a good cut of meat." ~ Fran Lebowitz
It's Ash Wednesday. For us Catholics it is a day of fasting, abstaining from meat and giving up something we are willing to part with from now until Easter.
Although I am Catholic, I am not a die hard rule follower when it comes to my faith, especially the fasting. I skipped breakfast. However for lunch, I did have tuna salad, wheat crackers, an orange and a small glass of chocolate milk.
For dinner, I dined on a filet o fish from McDonalds. It left me feeling less than satisfied. It's perhaps the emptiest 400 calories I have ate in awhile.
As for the alms giving, I have given serious consideration to giving up all caffeine drinks. I already stopped drinking soda over a year ago so giving up tea and coffee really shouldn't be that big of a deal. Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as I anticipated it being. I had a large coffee, a 32 ounce ice tea and a large coffee all before noon. On the bright side that is far less than I would have drank in a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment