No city should be too large for a man to walk out of in a morning. ~Cyril Connolly
After a long day of work and a dinner meeting that included three chocolate chip cookies, I had to come home, drop to the floor and get busy working out my abdominal muscles.
My fourteen-year-old son quickly began criticizing the way I was doing my sit-ups. After two full days of baseball practice, Derek was convinced he was the expert. "You want six pack abs, you need try this exercise," he said as he dropped to the floor to demonstrate. I couldn't help but laugh when Derek started moaning from the pain. Two days of intense conditioning was obviously pushing Derek beyond his threshold of pain.
The more he demonstrated his workout, the more he wailed in pain. I'm not sure if it was Derek's ab exercises or the belly laughs, but I went to bed with soar abs.
No comments:
Post a Comment