Saturday, March 12, 2011

One meal, one day's calories

"I consider exercise vulgar. It makes people smell." ~Alec Yuill Thornton

I am thrilled I exercised this morning.  Forty minutes of walking, jogging and sprinting ensured that I could indulge in not one but two hot thrown rolls from Lambert's Cafe in Ozark, Missouri. 

With many delicious and oversized choices awaiting me on the Lambert's menu, I knew before we left for Rogersville, Missouri this morning that I would have to consume very few calories throughout the day.  Luckily, I ate light because after the Wildcat basketball game my family and I consumed our fair share of calories. I believe some of us ate more than our fair share.  

On the way home I calculated the calories of my grilled chicken breast dinner.  With the two chicken breasts, baked potato, green beans and sides, I had consumed a 1300 calorie dinner. Now that's crazy!  You certainly don't want to eat like that everyday.  It's a good thing we only eat there once a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment