Monday, March 14, 2011

An incredibly imperfect day

As a nation we are dedicated to keeping physically fit - and parking as close to the stadium as possible.  ~Bill Vaughan

It was an incredibly imperfect day.  

I've been dedicated to my physical fitness lately and I've even been parking further from the door.  Today, I was more than eager to park close to the building with a couple of inches covering the ground and snow and sleet continuing to fall from the sky. I suspected it would snow but not this much a few days prior to spring.  It certainly contributed to the imperfection of the day. 

In addition to the snow the day continued to unfold in imperfect order. After suffering from pain for weeks, missing his chemotherapy treatment and having his gall bladder removed, my Dad still continued to be in agony.  With yet another trip to the emergency room it was finally determined that the cancer had spread to my Dad's liver.  Although I wasn't surprised by the doctor's diagnosis it still came as a shock to hear that now instead of years to live Dad had maybe only months to live.  

I ended my day sitting in the kitchen soaking my soar foot after a workout on the tread climber.  As I moved my foot from cold ice water to hot water, I could only ponder on the events of the day.  

As I said, an incredibly imperfect day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment