Monday, March 21, 2011

Baseball bleachers and wide open spaces

"Want to look thinner, stand in a bigger room. The bigger the room, the leaner I look." ~ Peter Marc Jacobson, co-creator of the sitcom, The Nanny.  

I didn't exactly stand in any big rooms today. It was the first day back to work after being off  for a week so most of my time was in a eight-by-eight cubical space. However, by the end of the day I was in close proximity to a baseball field watching my son play baseball.  Not exactly a large room but the ball players did look thinner standing out in the field.  

With baseball season officially started for our family, my time to exercise will certainly become limited.  Tonight we sat on the bleachers for at least three hours.  It won't be long and the bleacher butt I've been trying to  rid myself of will be back.  Or so the possibility exists. 

I am certain it will be challenging to eat right and exercise with three boys playing ball this spring and summer but I am thinking I might be up to the challenge. Either that or I'll have to take Mr. Jacobson's advice and move my desk to a bigger room like the conference room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment