Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eating better...at McDonalds?

I'm trying to eat better.  And, I do feel wise after drinking tea.  After eating vegetables, I just feel hungry.  ~Carrie Latet

Spending the day at the hospital completely wrecks havoc on eating better. 

Over the last few months I've been eating five to six small meals a day. I pack an insulated bag with plenty of protein, dairy products, fruits and veggies.  I have to agree with the experts that it does increase my metabolism and I have an abundance of energy when I feed myself every few hours. Unfortunately today I spent the day at the hospital with my Dad and Mom. The only time I ate anything was when my brother and I left the hospital to grab lunch from McDonalds of all places. I did avoid anything fried, opting for grilled snack wraps and yogurt parfaits.

I've also been drinking lots of water which has also contributed to my weight loss. Of course at the hospital the coffee was readily available and I consumed an excessive amount of caffeine. So much for cutting back on caffeine for Lent. 

Perhaps I'll eat and drink better tomorrow.  

My hat's off to everyone keeping their New Year's resolution to eat less and exercise more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment