Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chocolate chip muffins, need I say more

"The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor. ~ Chinese Proverb


Today, Paula and I went to McDonalds for breakfast. We tried to get the boys to go with us. However, they didn't want to pull themselves away from their video games long enough to get themselves dressed for a quick trip to Mickey D's. 

When Paula and I returned home from eating our less than satisfactory breakfast, the aroma of baked goods floated throughout the house. Although the boys didn't want to put on something more than their boxers, they were still hungry.  While we were gone, Derek and Logan nominated Caleb to bake chocolate chip muffins.  He must have wowed them with his culinary skills because most of the muffins were gone. 

I did my best to ignore the delicious treats sitting there on the stove top.  Within the hour, I couldn't take it anymore.  I grabbed a banana, a chocolate chip muffin and a bottle of water from the kitchen. I went to the dining room to do something I don't usually do - I sat down to enjoy my snack for the day. Usually I grab a snack and eat it on the go.  Today, I really wanted that muffin, so I decided what better way to enjoy it than to sit and enjoy every minute and every last bite of the muffin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment