If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown
Our poor dog lives a sheltered life. Dottie doesn't see much of the world besides the back yard. Rarely does she get out of the yard for a walk. Although she doesn't stroll through the neighborhood with us, I wouldn't say she is fat, but I wouldn't say she is thin either.
I thought about taking her for a walk in the neighborhood today. It was a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine, blue sky and puffy white clouds. However, the thought passed as easily as it came to me once I realized how windy it was outside. I feared that we might be picked up by the wind and find ourselves in the merry-o-land of Oz or worse yet...Munchkinland.
Instead of walking or riding a bike, I stayed inside during my lunch hour. I spent about twenty minutes lifting weights. It wasn't the longest or most intense workout but nonetheless it was a workout.
Perhaps tomorrow I will get out of bed early enough to exercise. Although as I sit here waiting for my oldest son to return from a school function, I am quickly realizing it is going to be another late night.
No comments:
Post a Comment