Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Salad, pork & angel food cake

"I eat merely to put food out of my mind." ~ N.F. Simpson

In our church, as I'm sure it is with many others, when one or more are gathered there must be food. Today's funeral was no exception. There was a smorgasbord of delicacies to choose from for lunch. 

I avoided the temptation to pile on every delicious item available to me.  It's a plate people and it can only hold so much food.  The plate is divided into three slots for a reason. Three items and move on.  I indulged in ham, pulled pork and green beans. Two versions of pork, I know it was a bit bizarre but I went with it. I also had a bowl of salad.

Oh and let's not forget the angel food cake. It came with it's own plate.  I couldn't offend the ladies of the parish by snubbing my nose at their cake.

It was a delicious meal. I left full and satisfied, not stuffed and miserable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment