Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Calories burned from a two second sprint

"Fitness - if it came in a bottle everyone would have a great body." ~ Cher

While crossing the street today, I was almost hit by an SUV.  

Seriously, I stepped into the street assuming I, as the pedestrian, had the right-of-way. Obviously I was mistaken because I'm certain that when I walked into the street the women driving the SUV hit the gas to speed up. 

Either she was infuriated by the price she just paid for gas to fill up her SUV or she somehow knew I hadn't exercised yet today and thought I needed to get in a full sprint to make it across the road alive. 

Now as I calculate the calories I consumed and the calories I burned, I'm coming up with zero calories burned.  Unless I can count the quick dash I made to avoid being a big fat greasy spot in the middle of the highway. Unfortunately, sprinting isn't an option and a mad dash isn't recordable either. 

I suppose I can record it as a two second run.  Of course the Lose It! iPhone application doesn't allow you to record anything lower than five minutes.  Perhaps I can round up. Although I was only in motion for a couple of seconds, the amount of adrenaline pumping through my veins surely induced some chemical reaction that caused me to burn more fat.  

So that is that! I'm recording that I burned five calories and I'm still alive to speak of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment