"Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes." ~Robert M. Hutchins
How true is that quote? I have to divulge that I've had many moments where I've come home after a day of work thinking that perhaps I should go exercise. However, by the time I've helped the boys with their homework, started the laundry, ate dinner and washed dishes, all I want to do is find the sofa and lie down in front of the television. It doesn't take much for the feeling to pass.
Lately, in the evenings, we've been eating dinner and then driving to the gym to engage in some much needed physical fitness. It's a whole new concept for our family. I'm sure it will change once the days grow longer and weather transitions to spring and baseball season begins. If we fall back into our old patterns we will be dining on concession stand delicacies such as buttered popcorn, nachos and cheese and peanut M&Ms. The most exercise we'll get is climbing up and down the bleachers and swinging our arms to swat away the mosquitoes. By the end of summer, we'll have acquired what I fondly refer to as our "big ole bleacher butts".
Sincerely, I hope that isn't the case this year. I suppose you’ll have to keep reading and see what happens
No comments:
Post a Comment