Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burning calories digging through snow

"I really don't need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon."~ Ellen DeGeneres

I’m not sure if shoveling snow as high as the mailbox will shape buns of steel but it will certainly keep me physically fit. I’ve been fortunate that I haven’t had to shovel the driveway today during this blizzard. My neighbor came by with his tractor about mid-afternoon to blade the driveway. I was more than thrilled to see him working over the foot or more of snow in our driveway.

I’m sure by morning there will be plenty of new snow on the driveway to shovel. I’m expecting snow drifts up to my waist by daylight. I’ll get in plenty of snow shoveling tomorrow as I dig my way out of the driveway. Plenty of calories will be burned and a tremendous workout for a variety of muscles can be expected tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment