Friday, February 25, 2011

Keeping it new and fresh

"Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn."  ~ Garrison Keillor

Every day since the first of the year, I've been posting an "inspirational" quote about dieting and exercise.  I am committed to posting a new quote every single day on my Facebook page and repeating none of the quotes. 

Today, I was in a hurry to post a quote and I inadvertently typed in a quote that I had already posted on my page.  When members of my Facebook pose started commenting on the post, it sounded a bit too familiar to me.  I read the quote again.  After carefully reading it, I was certain I had mentioned this particular quote once before.  After some further investigation, I discovered I had in fact posted that "life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon" on January 27, 2011.

Upon my discovery, I retracted my statement and replaced it with a new quote, the one that is at the beginning of this particular blog entry.  "Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn." As I said on my Facebook post, this quote is one to remember this summer when you are gnawing on a big ole juicy ear of sweet corn covered in butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment