Saturday, February 12, 2011

Refusing to let go

"I think I just ate my willpower." ~ Author Unknown

I've had extraordinary willpower for weeks. I've been eating healthy and staying within my allowed amount of calories. I've been exercising daily. I've been walking, jogging and sprinting along with some serious weight lifting. 

I have been experiencing some significant weight loss until the last week or two. Now I've hit a plateau and the scale refuses to budge. According to what I've read this is when the body gets a mind of it's own refusing to let go of any more weight.  Scientists and medical experts explain that the body is holding on to the fat fearing there could be a famine.  

Seriously, my body is scared of a little change.  I'm dragging my tired big butt out of bed every morning. I'm leaving behind my warm cozy bed to face cold, frigid temperatures to drive ten minutes to the gym every day.  I'm exercising for forty sometimes fifty minutes or more at a time drowning in my own sweat and stink day and night.  My body better snap out of it and quit acting like a frightened little girl.  Man up and start burning the fat that we both know you don't need!

No comments:

Post a Comment