"Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!" Jillian Michaels
I haven't puked, fainted or died but my workouts have certainly become more and more intense.
I've been pounding the treadmill for 30-40 minutes everyday or every other day. Being on a treadmill can be dreadfully boring so I have to add some surprises. I increase the speed and the incline every thirty seconds. I go from walking steep "hills" to jogging casually down a treadmill road to no where to running full body, arms and legs flying, sprints . Before I am aware of it, the treadmill happily informs me I have completed my workout.
I've also been lifting weights - machines and free weights. The weightlifting workouts have varied from 20-40 minutes, it just depends on the day and how much time I have in the day to commit to exercise.
I use to be adamant about getting in a workout first thing in the morning. If I didn't then I would simply not exercise at all. I would even get depressed about it. I felt like a complete failure. Lately I've just surrendered to God. I let it up to Him to help me find time in my day to exercise. Amazingly enough, the time is always there waiting for me to fill it with exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment