Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bringing out the skinny jeans

"The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to eat what you've just learned how to cook." ~ Andy Rooney

This morning while Paula thumbed through her collection of cookbooks searching for a healthy recipe to prepare for our Sunday dinner, I was in the bedroom getting ready for the day. While I was in the shower, Paula found a dish she could prepare in the crock pot. As she gathered her ingredients and readied the crock pot, I was in the bedroom closet trying to find jeans to wear.

It was a particularly enjoyable moment. I pulled out jeans from the back of the closet, jeans I haven’t wore in a few years. It was quite exciting to fit into my old jeans. It was even more exhilarating to actually be able to snap and zip the pants.

Once I selected a pair of jeans that fit appropriately, I climbed to the back of the closet and pulled out my dress pants as well. In the fifteen minutes Paula prepped our Sunday dinner, I was able to determine which dress pants to move to the front of the closet and which ones would be banished to a box for good will.

Anyone else boxing up clothes for good will or fitting into their skinny jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment