"Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate." ~ Sandra J. Dykes
I didn't exactly fall into chocolate today, but I did "dip my toe" in chocolate. In addition to my regular dark chocolate candy kisses, I also ate half of a delicious extra chocolate brownie. It was worth every bite.
As for love, I made Paula and the boys a scrumptious low calorie dinner. My version of Chicken Parmesan with angel hair pasta and a salad. It too was worth every single bite!
My boys doubted I could have the meal ready before Paula came home. They have such little faith. It is really not that big of a deal. I heat up a pot of diced tomatoes adding a pinch of Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, black pepper and sugar. Then I defrost the boneless chicken breasts, heat the olive oil in a large skillet, coat the chicken in Italian bread crumbs and cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side. And finally I place the chicken breast in a baking dish, cover with the tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and into the oven it goes for 25 minutes.
Of course my youngest son, Logan, was a little worried about the mozzarella cheese I selected to top the chicken with a few minutes before it was done. "This isn't that plastic cheese, is it?" Logan said. "That cheese is nasty!". Of course, he was referring to the last time I made the chicken dish with fat free mozzarella cheese. I have to agree with Logan, it was nasty! For Valentine's Day I redeemed myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment