"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people." Orson Welles
My doctor would likely tell me to stop having dinners at fast food places like McDonalds. Actually, my family and I haven't had too many of those dinners lately. However, tonight was an exception.
I was surrounded by all sorts of special offers to lead me off the narrow path to good health, wellness and physical fitness. At the door there was a special offer to try the new Bacon Chipolte Angus Burger and get a free drink and French fries. Once inside the fast food joint Paula asks if anyone wants a free Quarter Pounder since she has a coupon to buy one and get one free. And at the counter the boys were wanting to know if I wanted to share a box of 50 chicken McNuggets.
Despite all the temptation and a new tray of freshly baked cookies put in front of me, I remained strong. I ordered and ate two Chipolte chicken snack wraps. It's 560 calories but much better for me than the other options I was being enticed with for dinner.
Of course we will not speak of any French fries that might have made it into my mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment