"I go up and down the scale so often that if they ever perform an autopsy on me they'll find me like a strip of bacon - a streak of lean and a streak of fat." ~ Texas Guinan
Today was a superb day even though the day began with a surprise dusting of more snow. Even though I weighed a pound more today than yesterday and only a pound less than last week Saturday, it was still a superb day.
The snow made traveling a bit challenging but Caleb and I gently slid our way into a church parking space in time for the little man to play basketball. It was a ball game to remember. No score in the first quarter and the opposing team having a delightful upperhand by the halftime. And it ended superbly with a surprise win, 24-22!
The superb mood of a somewhat ordinary February day continued at the local Steak n Shake. A large chocolate shake for Caleb and a Grilled Chicken smothered in Guacamole. A breakfast of champions.
Superb moments summed up the entire day - a stop at Walmart where Caleb selected the perfect avocados, a skill he learned from his mother; an hour of intense walking, running and weight lifting in an almost vacant fitness center; a stroll through the local grocery store in search of all the ingredients for a new soup I'm looking forward to preparing and wandering aimlessly and sheepishly in search of diced chiles; clearing the slush and slop from the driveway with Logan and smiling with joy that I didn't have to do it alone; overcoming my continual fear of speaking in public as I stood behind the church pulpit to recite the "word of the Lord"; singing boisterously with a hymnal in hand knowing with certainty I was embarrassing my oldest son Derek; stuffing my insides with a platter covered in parmasean chicken and fettucini; an evening on the sofa watching Julia Roberts eat spaghetti; and the satisfaction of having once again finished a marathon of laundry.
Yes, some days, no matter how many calories you eat, no matter how many steps you walk or no matter what the scale reads...are superb days.
No comments:
Post a Comment