"I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond."~Mae West
Speaking of diamonds and rings and such, Paula came home tonight with boxes of Valentine Ring Pops for the two youngest boys to give out for Valentine's Day.
My youngest informed me to keep my paws off his Ring Pops and reminded me that I was on a diet. As if I was going to break open the box to have a 60 calorie ring pop made of sugar, corn syrup, buffered lactic acid and pear juice concentrate. I know you are thinking what's wrong with a little pear juice concentrate. I'm wondering what on earth is buffered lactic acid. I'm not even brave enough to google it for the answer. I'm sure it's not good for you.
The box warns that the "Be My Valentine" Ring Pops are not for children 3 and under. Do you think it is because a toddler of that age might choke on it or the main ingredients might stunt their growth? I'm guessing the buffered lactic acid might burn a hole in their esophagus.
Did I mention that I really don't like Ring Pops? I've never bought a Ring Pop for my children. What parent in their right mind would buy a nasty, sticky, slimy sucker for their child to wear on their hand? Ick!
No comments:
Post a Comment