Saturday, February 26, 2011

Major feats accomplished

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~ Edward Stanley.

Today, for sixty minutes I kept my feet moving on a treadmill at the gym. I wasn’t all that motivated to exercise this morning, so challenging myself to stay on the treadmill for an hour was a hysterically, exaggerated feat for a 41 year old man.

The first thirty minutes were reasonable. I walked at a good pace. I increased and decreased the speed and the incline of the treadmill. I listened to my tunes, got myself into a groove while I was walking and climbing. However, once I reached forty, maybe forty-five minutes, on the treadmill, I was done.

I did everything to get through those last fifteen minutes. I even accessed Facebook while I was walking. It’s a wonder I didn’t fall off the beast. Everyone knows you shouldn’t Facebook and walk at the same time.

Luckily I was triumphant, walking and running and climbing my way to sixty full minutes of bodily exercise. Of course, the best part was when I got on the scale and discovered that for the first time in three years, I am finally less than 200 pounds! As I told my Facebook friends, I was thrilled and amazed but not enough to cry like they do on the Biggest Loser.

Immense blessings to everyone trying to lose weight and get physically fit this year! I’m right there with you! Keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment