Sunday, January 30, 2011

Got to love the inlaws

"I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me!" ~ Author Unknown.

Thanks to my sister-in-law, I have proof that in 2010 I did in fact try to lose weight and it most definitely found me back. Shortly after Christmas, this lovely photo of our family appeared on my Facebook page. My first reaction was... "Yikes, who is the fat dude crowding out the rest of the little people in this photo?"

Realizing the photo had been taken at my in-laws during Christmas, I began speculating... "Which one of my sister-in-laws posted this obscenely vulgar photo of me on my Facebook page?" At first I was ready to hold my mother-in-law responsible since she was the one who insisted we take the photo before we left the house.

When I discovered it was my sister-in-law Cathy, I completely understood how the photo got posted on Facebook. She and her husband Dennis are building a house and she mistakenly categorized my photo with the house photos. I can see how she would be confused because I look as BIG as a house in the photo.

I can't really complain about the quality of the photo. However, I really think my sister-in-law should consider returning the camera because it has a tendency to add 30 pounds to her family and friends. Let's hope I get my sister-in-law's name for Christmas. We pick those at Easter. I’ll be getting her a new camera complete with airbrushing capabilities. Otherwise I’ll be wearing a sign at Christmas that reads, “No photos of me unless you have written consent and all photos must be taken from the neck up.”

Of course the last photo I had taken from the neck up was my driver’s license photo. As I recall, I wasn’t particularly happy with that photo either.

No comments:

Post a Comment