"When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad." ~ Janette Barber
We do the silliest things to prevent ourselves from eating and to lose weight.
Last year for Lent, I stopped eating all processed carbohydrates and gave up Facebook. Giving up Facebook had nothing to do with eating right and losing weight. I just thought I would see if I could do it. However, giving up processed carbhoydrates had everything to do with losing weight and cutting back on the amount of food I was putting into my body. Giving up processed carbohydrates was quite difficult for me. I'm a guy who loves french fries from McDonalds, pasta and bread sticks from the Olive Garden and pizza from Dave's Pizza and Wings in Linn, Missouri. I am particularly fond of chocolate chip cookies. It's not a trip to Sam's Wholesale Club without coming home with a tub of Pillsbury cookie dough, the kind you can eat directly from the carton.
It's called comfort food for a reason and boy did I miss the comfort during those six weeks. I lost over ten pounds during Lent in 2010. It was a great way for me to jump start some additional weight loss because by May I lost another ten pounds abstaining from processed carbs. However, after May, I went back to eating processed carbs and the results were eventually disastrous. By the end of the year I had gained back 18 of the 20 pounds I had lost last spring. It was devastating to get on that scale and see all that weight was back.
This time around I'm trying to eat healthy and exercise. Interesting concept don't you think. We'll see how it goes. Don't deny yourself people. Eat..eat...eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment