"Thou shouldest eat to live, not live to eat." Cicero
Seriously, what does this Cicero dude know about eating? He was born in 106 BC. He was a Roman philospher, statesman, lawyer and I've been told he was one of Rome's greatest orators. The man was obviously too busy to eat and it's not like McDonalds was down the hill from his house.
Although I find much more fun in living to eat, I'm staying committed to eating to live. We are five days into this year and I have to ask just how is everyone else doing with their new year's resolution. Is eating to live working for you?
I'm sitting here in front of the television flipping through a copy of the Eat This, Not That book. I do have good news. The Planters Chocolate Lovers Cashews are on the Eat This list. Ten pieces are only 230 calories. Of course, I'll ignore the fine print that reads, "Think of this as a candy bar alternative, not as a healthy snack."
If ole Cicero was alive today I'm certain he would be writing his own version of the Eat This, Not That books. "Thou shouldest eat the Krispy Kreme Sugar Doughnut, Thou shouldest not eat the Powedered Cake Doughnut."
No comments:
Post a Comment