"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ~ Author Unknown.
In my case, the thin person struggling to get out can be sedated with not one or two chocolate chip cookies but at least a dozen or more. Today that thin person wasn't all that happy with me. I suppose when nothing in your closet fits your big ole behind, you'd be a little grumpy too.
Next week Tuesday, I have to stand in front of a room full of people at a conference in Kansas City and give a presentation. As I was preparing the presentation today, I was trying to visualize what I would be wearing while I give the presentation. I assure you it won't be my black suit, because the pants won't even come up past my knees.
During my lunch hour I went home to eat. While I was there I went to the bedroom closet. I pulled out my black suit and looked at it with envy. I tried on the jacket and was pleasantly surprised it still fit. If I don't button it, it actually looks quite good on me.
While sifting through my closet I did find some "big boy" pants that I think would be suitable to wear with the suit jacket. However, I'm not sure I have enough "big boy" pants to wear throughout the entire conference. I might be spending my evenings in the guest laundry washing my clothes so I can wear them again the next day.
An expanding waist line sucks, but luckily I stayed within my calorie intake today and I managed to get in 40 more minutes of exercise before the day was over!
Immense blessings to each and every one of you working on getting back into shape in 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment