"I'm allergic to food. Every time I eat, it breaks out into fat." ~ Jennifer Greene
Speaking of fat, have you tried out one of those body fat percentage calculators? Enter your height, your weight, your sex and your age into the gadget, then press ready and hold it until the sophisticated piece of cheap plastic comes back with a reading that tells you that you are most definitely FAT! As if I needed a yet another instrument to analyze every cell in my body to confirm that I have grown in size. I already have a scale, a mirror and clothes bursting at the seams to tell me I'm fat!
Luckily, the scale is being kind to me lately and speaking in terms that I prefer. It could speak to me a little nicer but at least it's not screaming for me to get off its back. The mirror is becoming more of a friend again and the clothes aren't as tight as they did during the holidays. As for the body fat calculator, I've not used it since the first of the year. I'm certain it was broke when I used it. I had a body fat percentage of 24.5% and BMI of 29.4. According to the reading it took, I'm overweight. That's simply absurd. If it wasn't broke, then perhaps it needed new batteries. Yeah, I don't need to be using that electronic gadget for quite some time.
I certainly hope your scale is being friendly and speaking words of encouragement to you as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment