"The one way to get thin is to re-establish your purpose." ~Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet Grave.
Re-establish your purpose in life? I'd have to know what my purpose in life is before I could re-establish it. I do know for sure that my purpose in life is certainly not cooking.
Nothing like fat free cheese to ruin a perfectly good dish. While preparing chicken parmesan for supper, I realized that I was out of mozzarella cheese. While the chicken was baking in the oven I made a quick trip to the grocery store for cheese. In a hurry, I grabbed the first bag of cheese I found in the store.
A few moments later when we are cutting into their chicken. I notice everyone at the table is chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing on the cheese. "Something is not right about this cheese," says Paula. "It tastes like plastic," says Derek. We all broke out into laughter.
Once the dishes were cleared from the table I began cleaning the plates. While scraping the plates, I stated there was a possibility the cheese might clog the garbage disposal. "Can you imagine what it's doing to our stomach and intestines," says Paula. "We may not have a bowel movement for days."
No comments:
Post a Comment