“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~ Doug Larson.
Earlier this week, Paula introduced a new class of salad to the boys. I was pleasantly surprised to have the spring mix as a salad option and the boys were surprised as well. However, I wouldn’t consider their surprise to be so pleasant.
Logan picked up a piece of the lettuce and was instantly repulsed. “Ick, what is this?” he asked. “Did you pick this off the tree in the backyard?”
Paula insisted it was salad and told the boys to give it a try.
“I’m sure it tastes like the leaves from the trees in our yard,” said Caleb.
Paula assured them it was good for them.
Derek wasn’t buying it. “There’s not enough ranch dressing in the house to make that stuff taste good,” he declared. “From now on just get the normal lettuce.”
Paula and I are assuming normal lettuce would be iceberg or romaine lettuce. No more of the spring mix for the boys. I told the boys that a couple of weeks ago I was at hotel in Kansas City where the same lettuce was served to me and it cost me nine dollars. As far as they were concerned, it wasn’t worth nine cents.
“Why pay nine dollars when you can go in the backyard and pick leaves off the trees in the back yard for free!”
No comments:
Post a Comment