Friday, January 21, 2011

Walk the line and pass quickly by the cream pie

"I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is fourteen days." ~Totie Fields

It happened today, I was faced with the dreaded buffet.  Attended a work meeting and was invited to join everyone afterwards for the catered lunch.  A delicious meal prepared by none other than Osage Catering.  I already knew there would be cream pie.
 
I walked the line with plate in hand.  Spinach salad.  Yes, I can have that.  Mashed potatoes and gravy.  No, let's keep moving down the line.  Green beans.  Yes, get a big spoonful of that.  German Pot Roast...um...I'm thinking don't rush me.   I'll take a small spoonful of the roast.  Fried Chicken.  Yes, I'll have a breast piece.  And there's the chocolate cream pie with the whip topping.   No, no and no.  Keep walking.
 
It was a delicious meal minus the pie which I'm sure was delicious too.  I opted for a four dark chocolate candy kisses to sooth my cravings for something sweet. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that pie as well! You have some great self-discipline, Scott. Self-discipline is our Cole County Character Plus word of the month...we may need for you to come be a guest speaker about it!!

    ReplyDelete