Saying yes to the skinny jeans by saying no to the donuts. ~Betsy Cañas Garmon
Saying no to the donuts isn't an issue for me. I can take or leave a donut. As you might know, I have a problem saying no to the chocolate chip cookies and to the carbohydrates.
Sunday, I decided to say no to the processed carbohydrates for the month of May. Why did I decide to do something so insane? Because I have completely lost my mind. The reason for my insanity was the realization that if I didn't do something drastic and intense I was not going to reach my weight loss goal by Memorial Day.
I promised myself I wasn't going to do this again. I was not going to fret about a goal. I wasn't going to be obsessive about reaching a goal by a certain time. I wasn't... but here I am ...fretting, obsessing and driving myself crazy.
After polishing off about thirty tortilla chips and the chicken fajita salad including the tortilla shell it came in this evening, I realized perhaps the idea of eliminating carbohydrates was not a wise decision. So enough the madness, I am going back to a sensible diet complete with a chocolate chip cookie now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment