"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos." ~Don Kardong
With all the darkness and chaos the last few days, I haven't ventured out to have ice cream. Although I have been craving it for several days. Since summer officially, or is it unoffically, starts with the Memorial Day Weekend, I'm thinking that I will have to stop by 3 Scoops in Linn, Missouri to get my ice cream fix.
In an article written by Men's Health editor, Adam Campbell, the headline reads Gain a Pound of Muscle Every Week, followed by Make One Snack Ice Cream. Well let me tell you, I am in. There is no need to read any further. If ice cream is going to help me gain a pound of muscle instead of a pound of fat, I'm all for it.
Of course after reading the article I discovered that you were required to workout. The article recommended a bowl of ice cream two hours after a workout. Seriously, I have to workout and eat the ice cream. I knew there had to be a catch. It seems the ice cream causes an insulin surge and does something for the post-workout protein breakdown. So on and so forth.
You can read more about it at Men's Health. I've included the link. Or you can just go to 112 on the Square in Linn, Missouri and have a scoop of ice cream, workout or no workout.
Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/gain_ten_pounds_of_muscle/Make_One_Snack_Ice_Cream.php#ixzz1NV4Ij8ON
Become a fan of 3 Scoops on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/3-Scoops/138788572812268?sk=info
No comments:
Post a Comment