"In minds crammed with thoughts, organs clogged with toxins, and bodies stiffened with neglect, there is just no space for anything else. ~Alison Rose Levy, "An Ancient Cure for Modern Life," Yoga Journal, Jan/Feb 2002
I picked up and perused every single diet book in Walmart today. I was looking for a diet or a workout or a plan of some sort to get me back on track. After the ninth, maybe tenth book, I whispered to myself..."Put the book down and walk away!"
I told myself months ago I was done with diet and exercise books, so what on earth was I doing back in front of a shelf, top-to-bottom, full of such books. Desperation I suppose. I'm desperate to find the perfect diet for me. I am not sure it exists.
I'm feeling the quote I posted today. My body is stiffened from neglect. My organs are clogged with toxins. And my mind is crammed with thoughts. Is it any wonder I am feeling a tad desperate?
Fortunately, I left the selection of diet books. I strolled the grocery aisles filling my cart with dark chocolate, Greek yogurt, bananas, oven roasted turkey breast and other healthy choices. Perhaps tomorrow will be slightly healthier than today.
No comments:
Post a Comment