"Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. Chocolate makes it worthwhile." ~ Author Unknown.
Chocolate does make life worthwhile however it goes straight to my stomach, hips and thighs. After a full month of binging on chocolate, the scale enthusiastically revealed my seven pound weight gain this morning.
Imagine stepping on the scale the morning you are suppose to fit your big behind in a black suit you just started wearing again. "Suck it in big boy," I told myself. "Think skinny thoughts."
I'm not sure what I was worried about because I fit in the suit just fine. The pants might have been a little more snug than the last time I wore them which was at my father's funeral a month ago. I only had to wear it for eight hours so the worse thing that could possibly happen was that my pants might split wide open.
Of course I made it through the day without splitting my pants. I even ate a sensible lunch that included more salad than chicken or green beans and I skipped the cheesy potatoes.
Instead of the potatoes, I opted for the chocolate cream pie. It was delicious. Yes, chocolate makes it worthwhile to get out of bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment