Thursday, May 5, 2011

Good food, great conversation with family

"I am on a seafood diet...I eat everything I see." ~ Author Unknown 

When dining with three young boys you simply forget you about what you are eating, what you should or shouldn't be eating, you simply sit back and let the evening unfold. 

While we were snacking on tortilla chips the boys and I had a conversation about what to get my mother for Mother's Day.  I received several suggestions from the boys. Logan recommended a gazing ball. Caleb suggested a trampoline. Derek suggested a four wheeler.  Paula was certain their suggestions were of no help, but I'm thinking a four wheeler is worth considering. 

Being Cinco de Mayo today, the restaurant was packed. Being busy also afforded us the opportunity to get cozy in a booth. Although there was a little wait for the food, there was plenty of time for conversation and chips.  The service was excellent, the food was delicious and  the time with the boys was priceless!

Better than spending time counting calories and walking on a dreaded treadmill.  Diet. What diet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment