A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White
Even with the world and it's six billion inhabitants lives in possible jeopardy of coming to an end, I was able to get in a five mile walk today. I wouldn't necessarily say it was a vigorous walk, but I did walk over 10,000 steps today.
Knowing I would spend many hours strolling in and out of stores at the Branson outlet malls and the shops of the Branson Landing, I slipped a pedometer on my belt today. I was curious to know if by the end of the day I would reach and possibly exceed 10,000 steps. I am happy to report I exceeded the steps by a 1,500 steps. The trip to the Walmart Supercenter put me over the top.
Tomorrow we head to Silver Dollar City. I'm guessing I will reach 10,000 steps with no problem. However, there is a possibility of rain tomorrow and this could impact the total number of steps I take tomorrow. Of course, that is tomorrow and no sense worrying about what will be.
For now, I'll sit back on the patio of the hotel and enjoy this warm spring evening. Feet up. Let the rest and relaxation begin. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment