Friday, May 13, 2011

Amazing, simply delicious doughnuts

Anyhow, the hole in the doughnut is at least digestible.  ~H.L. Mencken

Who cares if a doughnut hole is digestible or not, when you can the whole doughnut from the store across the street. 

For weeks I've been hearing about the most delicious doughnuts in all of Osage County.  It seems that every Friday morning the  Deutsches Heim store opens its doors at seven o'clock to sell freshly made doughnuts.   Although I go by the store every Friday morning to drop Derek off at school, I have been avoiding the glazed pastries because  I've been on this silly little diet. 

Although I am still committed to being healthy, well and physically fit,  I have discovered there is still room for a doughnut from time-to-time. So today I bought a box of the doughnuts and took them to work. The doughnuts were as good if not better than Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I can understand why I see more and more people stopping by the store every Friday. It is understandable why the store owners couldn't box the doughnuts fast enough. I have heard they have been making 700 plus doughnuts every Friday. Amazing.

Of course one doughnut was enough. I shared the rest of the box with the office. More than one of those doughnuts, I am positive I would be in a sugar coma for the rest of the day. 

1 comment:

  1. Send some to JC to HST by way of your loving wife, please.... :) -Eric

    ReplyDelete