I recently had my annual physical examination, which I get once every seven years, and when the nurse weighed me, I was shocked to discover how much stronger the Earth's gravitational pull has become since 1990. ~Dave Barry
I didn't even bother getting on the scale today. The scale has been reading the same every single day. If I would eat less and exercise more, I'm sure the number on the scale would go down. The scale needs to start tipping in my favor!
Perhaps I should consider Derek Jeter's workout routine. The Yankee baseball player became the 28th player in history to reach 3,000 hits today and only the second to do so with a home run. He is the first Yankee to have 3,000 hits.
A few years ago, Jeter was featured in Men's Health magazine. The secret to his athletic physique was super sets. Barbell squats, dumbbell dead lifts, barbell lunges, single-arm neutral-grip dumbbell row and rotation (whatever those are), dumbbell incline-bench presses and pull ups. I'm not even sure this workout has anything to do with accomplishing 3,000 hits and I'm exhausted just reading about his workout.
I'm already tired. I've been out late the last two nights at the Osage County Fair. Instead of a workout, I need a nap. I absolutely need a second wind before 8 p.m. Caleb has his final game of the season, the championship game this evening. I surely don't want to be dozing off in the stands during his big game.
Maybe tomorrow, I'll do the Jeter workout!
No comments:
Post a Comment