Sunday, July 17, 2011

The "itch" to run?

There is an itch in runners. ~Arnold Hano

I'm not sure I have the "itch" to be a runner.  I ran this morning before it got really hot.  It wasn't pretty.  I was huffing and puffing and ready to pass out.  
 
With new running shoes, I was ready to run.  I ran half of a mile and then my body said, "Stop you sill fool."  I listened!   I turned around headed back to the car.  I walked and ran the next half mile.  
 
I told the boys I would train with them for their cross country running this fall.  I'm not sure I'm going to be much help.   I guess I could drive the car beside them.  "Keep going boys! Run faster! Don't make me chase you with this car!" 
 
I will keep giving it a try each day and see what happens.  I'm not sure what motivates everyone to run in a race like a 5K or marathon.  Whatever "itch" they have, I must be missing it.   I'm in awe of everyone who does it, but physically and mentally I am just not there!

No comments:

Post a Comment