You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars. ~Charles Kuralt
Today we began our journey back home. We passed by many hamburger joints and "golden arches" along the way. We even stopped at one, despite the grumbling of our youngest son, who would have preferred a Taco Bell.
The long drive allowed for plenty if time to read my book. Paula gets motion sickness and the pills for motion sickness make her tired and drowsy, so she opted to drive. While she drove, I read page after page after page of the book I have been reading this month.
Tonight, once we were settled in the hotel, I finished the final chapter of The Help. After finishing the book, I was pleasantly satisfied. I savored every scene of the book. Even if there were nights when all I could read was five pages, I still enjoyed every minute of the book. It will certainly be one of my favorite books.
So, now it is late. I'm finishing up this post and then it's off to sleep. I hope I can get myself out of bed to exercise in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment