"Great eaters and great sleepers are incapable of anything else that is great." ~ Henry IV of France
I might have to agree with Henry IV of France. Last night, I over did it at the Dragon Kitchen and I was on the sofa sleeping by 8:00 p.m.
Why is it when you go to a Chinese restaurant with a buffet, you can't just order off the menu? Last night, we weren't even given the option to order off the menu. The waitress asked us for our drink orders and politely told us to help ourselves to the buffet. I paused for a only a moment and then got up from my chair, heading directly to the buffet.
Why is it that when you go to a Chinese restaurant with a buffet, you can't eat just one plate of food? I started out with good intentions. I placed a small spoonful of rice on my plate, instead of a heaping mound of rice on my plate. I opted for the Broccoli and Beef because it at least included green vegetables. I had an egg role and then went to the table to eat my dinner. Of course, I couldn't stop there. I cleaned the plate and quickly went back to try the Sesame Chicken with another small spoonful of rice. Insane. It's simply insane.
By the time I got home, I was wiped out. I went directly to the sofa to lay down. I turned on the television and within a couple of minutes I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I finally gave up and drifted off.
I think I've been recovering from that one meal all day long. I'm been wiped out all day long. No pep, no energy, nothing. It might be the weather. It might be stress. But I think I will blame it on the Chinese food.
No comments:
Post a Comment