Monday, July 11, 2011

Tad more gray with each year

“Chocolate is the answer.  Who cares what the question is.” ~ Author Unknown

We are having a pre-birthday celebration this evening at our house.  The grandmothers are coming over for cake and ice cream to celebrate what will be Derek's 15th birthday tomorrow.  Derek gets a year older and my hair turns a tad more gray with each year.

Speaking of gray.... While shopping for Derek's birthday gifts yesterday, my youngest son, Logan informed me that I really needed to stop coloring my hair and just let it go gray.   "What?" I asked with disgust.  "Yeah, just let it go gray," he said.  "It will look much better."   Seriously, the boy has me confused with my mother.  She colors her hair.  Clairol or Loreal or any other hair color has never touched this hair.   Well there was those highlights that I added back in the 90s.  Or was it the dawn of the new millinium when I had those added.  I can't remember.  Anway, they don't count.

Tomorrow Derek will take his written test and if he passes the test, the officials at the Driver's License Bureau will be giving Mr. Derek permission to drive with his parents.   Good thing we are having chocolate cake tonight.  I'll have to eat two pieces just to calm my nerves and emotionally prepare myself for the "roller coaster ride" that awaits me.

Honestly, if I keep eating like this I'm going to be a fat gray haired old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment