I dream of hiking into my old age. ~Marlyn Doan
A walk through the wilderness complex was hot, sweaty and challenging.
I got up at six o'clock this morning to explore a few inches of this 600 acre resort we are staying at in the Wisconsin Dells. Right outside our door is a parking lot that leads to a nature trail. I figured if I got up early to hike the trail, I could beat the blasted heat. Five minutes into the hike I was already sweating profusely.
The hike also had some challenges. I had to dodge the horse shit left by the umpteen horses that hiked the trail the previous day. At one point the trail turned to pavement and intersected with the golf course where I had to avoid the delirious, senile golf cart drivers out for their morning round of golf. Of course, there were plenty of early morning sprinkler systems to dodge. And did I mention I got lost on the property. I thought I would be gone thirty minutes and an hour later I was finally back at the hotel room.
I can honestly say that I got in my workout today.
No comments:
Post a Comment