Thursday, April 14, 2011

Homemade dishes made from scratch and from the heart

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:  take it or leave it.  ~Buddy Hackett

As for food choices, there was not one but two choices of potato soup this evening.  

After a full day of writing thank you notes for all the generosity bestowed upon us during this difficult time, along comes yet another homemade experience. My cousin, Glenda, stopped by this evening with a regular version of her potato soup and a delicious cheesy version of the soup. In addition to the soup she brought biscuits, brownies and a cherry pie her sister Theresa made especially for us.  It was some of the best comfort food I have ate this week. 

And I didn't even think about the calories I was eating until now. I am convinced there are no calories in dishes made from scratch and with love. Immense blessings to every person who has prepared and brought us food throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment