To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing. ~Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, 1876
I promised myself I wasn't going to eat anymore of the Easter candy sitting around our house. As Mark Twain wrote, it was the surest way to make my body want to go and do that very thing.
I avoided the candy all day until I got home from work this evening. As we were running out the door to watch a baseball game, I grabbed a hand full of candy. Once the game was over and we were back home I was at it again. Paula had even put the candy away in the cabinet and I still managed to eat another pile of the miniature candies.
So now here I am sitting beside a pile of empty candy wrappers feeling not so healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment