Saturday, April 9, 2011

A few words

Ever wonder where you'd end up if you took your dog for a walk and never once pulled back on the leash?  ~Robert Brault.

The only thing better than eating fried chicken is maybe being able to eat that fried chicken with Dad. 

Sadly, that won't happen again.  Today Dad passed away. He was battling cancer and unfortunately he wasn't winning the fight.  

As word got out today that he had died, a number of family, friends and neighbors stopped by to give their condolences and many of them brought food. One neighbor in particular brought by fried chicken for us to eat this evening. 

As I was eating Donna's delicious fried chicken, I thought if Dad were here he would be loving this chicken.  Growing up we had fried chicken at least once a week if not twice.  I'm not sure if it was his favorite but he did love to eat Mom's pan fried chicken. 

We miss you Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment