Friday, April 8, 2011

Grilled salmon salad, hold the bacon?

I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert.  ~Jason Love

One of my favorite salads includes the Chop House Grilled Salad.  This delicious mix of greens includes a hard boiled egg, tomatoes, a slice of onion and pecans with your choice of grilled chicken or grilled salmon. 

I usually order the salad with grilled chicken. However, since it was a Friday in Lent, I opted for the grilled salmon.  I was anticipating the salad would taste just as delectable with the salmon as it does with the chicken.  After drizzling ranch dressing over the lettuce and all the fixings, I took my first bite. It was indeed as good as the grilled chicken option.  This was the perfect Lenten meal.  Well, until I realized after my second bite that there was bacon in the salad. No wonder it tasted so good. 

I did my best to avoid the tiny little morsels in the salad however it wasn't easy.  Not every bite included a tiny piece of bacon, but a good number of bites were exceptionally delicious. 

It's not easy eating healthy and having to meet the guidelines of the Catholic Church all in the same day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment