Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hail, smart phones and chocolate chip cookies

After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow. ~H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

I considered airing up the tires on my bicycle and going for a ride in the neighborhood this evening.  Unfortunately, a storm complete with baseball size hail detered me from riding a bicycle up and down the street.   It's a good thing I wasn't riding my bike when the storm hit our neighborhood.  I could have been knocked unconcious.

Instead of bicycling, I spent my evening dealing with a iPhone malfunction.  My lovely Apple device decided not to function properly.  There was absolutely no sound coming out of my phone.   I couldn't hear the phone ring.  I couldn't hear anyone on the other end of the conversation.  I couldn't even play one song on my phone.   The only way I could hear anything was to plug the headphones into the device.  Then and only then could I hear anyone on the other end of the conversation or hear any music.  

Four hours later and a complete restore of my iPhone, I can now here my phone ring.  It's not at all how I was planning to spend my evening.  The longer it took to fix the problem and restore the phone, the more frustrated I became with the situation and myself.   I finally had a breakdown.   I baked two dozen chocolate chip cookies while I waited for the restore to finish.   I ate at least a dozen of the cookies myself.  

I'm about one minor catastrophe from a nervous breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment