Man does not live by coffee alone. Have a danish. ~Author Unknown
Well, this man has had "danish" with his coffee every day this week. Thanks to my sister-in-law and dear friend, Tracy, I have had a piece of the best coffee cake I have had in my life. Seriously, I believe the coffee cake has gotten better every single day.
This morning while I was finishing off my second piece of cake, I noticed Logan was looking for something to eat. "There is still some coffee cake left over," I said. Logan rolled his eyes. "Dad, I am really not a coffee cake sort of guy," Logan responded.
Seriously, the boy is ten. "Have you ever had coffee cake?" I asked. Again Logan rolled his eyes. "I have had it and I don't really like it," he said.
I tried to convince him that he needed to try it because it was some of the best coffee cake I had ever had in my life. "I really love the nuts in it," I said as I polished off what was left on my plate.
"Dad, you should know by now, I don't like nuts," Logan said. "Nuts are nasty."
"Yeah, whatever," I replied. "Just means there is more coffee cake for me." Thank goodness Tracy loaded the coffee cake with nuts or I would have to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment